Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
(Per 1 serving)
500g lean ground turkey
1 can of red kidney beans (drained: 255g)
1 can of naturally sweet corn (200g)
Cooking spray (or 1 tbsp olive oil)
3 garlic cloves
Chilli flakes (optional)
1) Thoroughly wash the quinoa. Fill a saucepan with water and place the quinoa there. On medium heat bring water to boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes - until all the grains have turned transparent.
2) Dice the onion and garlic.
3) While the quinoa’s cooking, preheat a pan over a high heat. Add olive oil or cooking spray and add the onion and garlic. Bring the heat to a medium. Let them fry for about 3-5 minutes until they gain some color and add the turkey mince. Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes for flavor. Cook the mince for another 10 minutes until it is evenly browned.
4) Drain the quinoa and add it to the mince mixture in the pan. Set the heat to low and let them simmer for another 5-8 minutes.
5) Wash and slice the tomatoes. Drain the black beans and sweet corn.
6) Turn off the stove and add the beans, corn and tomatoes to the mixture.