Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
80g dry brown lentils
100g red kidney beans (canned and drained)
100g fat-free greek style yogurt
2 tsp olive oil
½ red onion
1 green chili
2-3 garlic cloves
2 medium tomatoes
1 bell pepper
1) Rinse the lentils and cook them in a medium saucepan for about 10 minutes.
2) Chop the onion, garlic, chili pepper, tomatoes and bell pepper.
3) In a large pan, add the olive oil and heat on medium. Add the onion and cook until it’s translucent (4 minutes or so).
4) Add in the chopped green chili pepper and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5) Add the tomatoes and cook the tomatoes until saucy (roughly 5-7 minutes)
6) Add the bell pepper, mix and cook for a minute.
7) After the lentils are ready, drain them and add them with the kidney beans to the mixture. Add the salt, black pepper and about 500ml of water. Mix everything well and cook for another 10 minutes.
8) Reduce the heat to low-medium, add the yogurt and let it cook for another 15 minutes until the lentils and beans are very tender. Add Cook uncovered to thicken the chili or add more water if it’s too thick.