Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
2 tsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
2 cloves of garlic
1-inch piece of ginger root (about 2.5cm)
1 tsp cayenne flakes (optional)
2 medium tomatoes
50ml coconut milk
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1) Chop up the onion, garlic, tomatoes and peel and chop the ginger root.
2) Rinse the lentils and cook them in a medium saucepan for about 15 minutes.
3) In a medium pan, heat up the oil on medium heat and cook the garlic, onion and ginger with the cayenne flakes until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, sugar, turmeric powder, ground cumin, curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir and cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
5) Drain and rinse the lentils and add them to the medium pan. Mix everything together and cook for an added 3-5 minutes.
6) Serve and enjoy.