Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 35 min
6 oz chicken breast fillet (175g)
100g long grain brown rice
150g frozen mixed vegetables
2 garlic cloves
Chilli flakes (optional)
Cooking spray (or 1 tbsp of olive oil)
1) Dice up the chicken breast, the onion and the garlic cloves.
2) Put a medium sized pan on medium heat and spray it with cooking spray.
3) Put the chopped onion and garlic clove and fry them for about 3-5 minutes until they start to change color.
4) Add your chicken breast into the pan. Sprinkle some salt, black pepper and chilli flakes and mix the chicken with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 20-25 minutes until the chicken golden brown on the top. Once the chicken is done, reduce the heat to low.
5) While the chicken is cooking, add the frozen vegetables in a medium size saucepan with some water. Bring to boil and cover. Once the water starts boiling reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until the vegetables are cooked, about 5-10 minutes. Once they are done, drain them and set them aside.
6) In a separate saucepan, add the rice with about 500ml of water. Add some salt. Bring the water to boil, cover and let it simmer for 28-30 minutes.
7) Once the rice is done, drain it and add it along with the vegetables to the chicken and mix everything together. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
8) Serve together.