Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 60 min
1 sweet potato
6oz (175g) chicken breast
1 bell pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp of olive oil
1) In a bowl, mix half of the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and garlic powder.
2) Cut the chicken breast in cubes and add them to the bowl.
3) If you have time, let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes. The longer it marinates, the better the flavor.
4) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
5) Wash the sweet potato and pepper
6) Clean the pepper from its seed and stem and slice it into strips
7) Slice the potato into thin disks.
8) Get a baking dish and cover its bottom with parchment paper or tin foil. If you don’t have one available, you can drizzle some olive oil to ensure the ingredients won’t stick.
9) Place the chicken cubes, potato disks and pepper slices in the baking dish. Drizzle the remaining olive oil on top and evenly season everything with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic.
10) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Regularly check up on the food and make sure that the chicken is getting an even golden brown color and that the peppers and potato are tender.
11) Serve together.