1) Position a barbell in a landmine or a corner to keep it from moving.
2) Grab the end of the bar where the plate is with one arm with one leg in front of the other and your knees slightly bent.
3) Raise the barbell and keep it right above the shoulder you're about to exercise.
4) Exhale and push the weight up by extending your arm. Do not fully extend and lock your elbows - have a slight bend in your elbow.
Keep your hand in line with your shoulder as the barbell travels up.
5) Inhale and slowly return the bar to the starting position.
- Use only your arm/shoulder to move the weight. Do not bounce with your lower body to help you move the weight.