1) Start in standing position holding a sandbag with both hands with your arms relaxed and fully extended. Keep your feet at shoulder width apart.
2) Pivot to the left and lift the bag in a circle behind your head with one fluid motion. Keep your core tight and back straight throughout the movement.
- As you’re bringing the bag to the left and behind your head, you want to rotate your body.During the rotation on the left side you want to follow up with your right leg by slightly bending your knee and rotating your leg in the direction at which you’re starting the motion (i.e. your right leg will rotate to the left and your left leg will rotate to the right). Stand on your toes with the leg that is rotating.
- When reaching the other side from your sandbag is no longer behind your head (i.e. from the left side to the right side) you are going to do the same rotating motion with your left leg - rotate it to the right side, whilst on its toes, with your knee slightly bent.
- The leg at which side to rotation is occurring remains stationary.