1) Step to the barbell so that your ankle is just barely touching the bar. Position your feet at shoulder width.
2) Grab the bar with an overhand grip - your palms facing away from the bar. Your hands should be slightly outside your legs.
3) Lift the barbell up by engaging your legs and lower back into a "deadlift position".
4) Inhale and slowly lower the bar by pushing your hips backwards. Make sure you keep your back straight with a slight arch in your lower back, chest out and your knees bent.
It would look as if you are gliding the barbell along the legs.
Lower until you feel the maximum stretch in your hamstrings or roughly right just past your knees.
4) Exhale and push your hips forward and squeeze your glutes to raise the bar back to your starting position.