1) Grab a pair of dumbbells and get in a push-up position with your feet close to each other and your line forming a straight line from your feet to your head. Position the dumbbells in a way so that your hands are at middle chest level whilst you're holding the dumbbells with your palms facing each other.
2) Exhale and raise one dumbbell towards your chest. As you're bringing the dumbbell up, squeeze your back muscles and pull your shoulder blades back.
3) Inhale and lower the dumbbell back to your starting position.
4) Alternate between both arms, lifting with your right arm, bringing the weight back, and then lifting with your left arm.
- If it's hard for you to keep your balance during this exercise then increase the width between your feet for added support. Alternatively, you stand on your knees instead of keeping your legs fully extended.