Yoga Mat (Optional)
1) Get in a push-up position. Keep your back straight and legs straight. Aim to not lift your butt in the air or slouch it down. You want to make a straight line from your head to your feet.
2) Place the medicine ball underneath your chest.
3) Position your hands on top of the medicine ball at about the level of your lower chest area.
Do not fully extend your elbow and keep a slight bend - otherwise you are taking away the tension from your triceps and putting it on your elbow joint.
4) Slowly lower yourself towards the ball . Keep your elbows close to your body and your back straight throughout the movement.
Stop just before your chest touches the floor.
5) Push yourself up back to your starting position. Squeeze the chest once you return to your starting position to add extra strain.