1) You will need a bench or a sturdy thigh-high platform to lean on.
2) Put your left leg on the bench. Put your left hand on the bench at head level. Bend over so your upper body is parallel to the ground. Keep your right foot planted to the floor with a slight bend in your knee.
3) Pick up a dumbbell in your right hand with your palm facing you. Hold the dumbbell with your arm extended and keep your back straight and your chest puffed out.
4) Exhale and lift the dumbbell towards your chest. Concentrate on lifting with your back. At the top of the movement squeeze your back muscles and pull your shoulder blades back.
5) Inhale and lower the dumbbell back to your starting position with your arm fully extended. Control the weight with your lats - you should feel a stretch in your lats when lowering the dumbbell.