1) Stand straight whilst holding a pair of dumbbells in both hands with your palms facing your body.
2) Arch your back and keep your head up.
3) Inhale and step forward with your right leg Your left foot should stay stationary as you lower your upper body down. You should be on your toes as you lower yourself on your left foot.
Keep your back straight and head up as you lower yourself.
Make sure to keep your front knee from bending past your toes and avoid touching the ground with your left knee.
4) Exhale and use the hill of your right foot to push yourself back to your starting position.
Do not jump back! Push yourself back up with control.
- A short stance between your feet will place more emphasis on your quads, while a wide one will place more strain on your glutes.
The stance's length will be mentioned in your workout program.