1) Stand straight whilst holding a pair of dumbbells in both hands with your feet at slightly wider than hip width apart.
2) Lift the dumbbell up to your shoulders so that one end of each dumbbell's rests on each shoulder. Your elbows should be in front of your body, facing forward, and your palms facing each other.
3) Keeping your head facing forward, your back straight and your chest high - squat down by bending your hips back allowing your knees to come slightly forward. Remember to keep your back straight throughout the movement.
4) Descend until your thighs (upper leg) are just below or at parallel to the floor and your glutes are lower than your knee level.
5) Exhale and by pushing through your heels extend your knees and hips and return back to the starting position.
At the top of the movement squeeze your core and glutes.