1) Sit on the butterfly machine with your back pressed against the back rest pad.
2) Adjust the arms of the machine so that when you grab them you can feel a stretch in your chest.
3) Adjust the seat so that your hands are at your lower chest level.
4) Grasp the handles and maintain a slight bend in your elbows throughout the movement. Make sure that your feet are flat on the ground and that you have a slight arch in your back and you push your chest out.
5) Exhale and push the handles together so they meet in front of your chest. Squeeze your chest as you are pushing the weight.
5) Inhale and slowly return the handles to the starting position.