1) Stand in front of a flat bench with your front foot flat on the ground and your rear foot raised on a bench.
The distance between you and the bench should be comfortable enough for you to place your rear foot and have a bend in your knee.
2) Hold a dumbbell with both hands in front of your chest.
3) Once you're in position, lower yourself into a lunge. Keep your chest up and your back straight.
4) Exhale and push yourself back to your starting position. Remember to push through your heel of your front foot.
- With a close foot stance you're going to activate more of your quads. If you step forward, you're going to apply more strain on your glutes.
Look out whether a close or wide stance is mentioned in your workout program.