1) Start from a standing position your feet close to each other and hold a pair of dumbbell in both hands.
2) Lean your torso forward by bending at the hips. You want to lean forward until your torso is almost parallel to the floor. Have a slight bend in your knees, keep your back straight with a slight arch in your lower back, and push out your chest.
3) Hold the dumbbells with your palms facing backwards with your arms fully extended.
4) Exhale and lift the weight up towards your shoulder. Pull your elbows away from the body. Pull your shoulder blades back and squeeze your back muscles.
Your shoulder would mimic a similar position as it would during a bench press.
5) Inhale and slowly lower the weight back to your starting position.
Focus on using your back muscles throughout the entire movement: At the top remember to squeeze your muscles and at the bottom, lower the weight so you feel a stretch in your lats.