1) Grip the barbell with your palms facing down with a shoulder width grip.
2) Bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward. Keep your feet at shoulder width. Bring your torso forward.
3) Raise the barbell to your knee level. Keep your back straight and your head up. The barbell should hang directly in front of you and your arms will be hanging perpendicular to the floor.
4) Exhale and lift the barbell towards you. Make sure that you keep your torso still and that you keep your back straight.
Keep your elbows close to your body. At the top of the movement, squeeze your back muscles.
5) Inhale and slowly lower the barbell to the starting position.