1) Lay on a flat bench, keep your back slightly arched and puff out your chest upward. Make sure that your feet are planted for support.
2) Grab the barbell at shoulder width making sure that your forearms are in a vertical line.
3) Have your shoulders locked downwards and your shoulder blades squeeze together.
4) Inhale and slowly lower the the bar towards your sternum with your hands being at your lower chest area. Keep your elbows at a 45° angle to your torso.
Stop as the barbell is almost about to touch your chest.
3) Exhale and push the weight back to your starting position. Make sure that you do not lock your elbows and that they are at a slight bend.