1) Sit down on a bench, or any elevated area (can be a chair).
2) Put your palms on the edge of the bench.
3) Put your feet out and extend your legs so that your body moves away from the bench. Keep your legs close to each other.
4) Inhale and start lowering yourself by bending your elbows and descending your torso downwards.
It has to look like you're sitting on something in the air. Your butt needs to go straight down at a 90° angle.
Keep your elbows close to your body and do not flare them out.
Keep lowering yourself to the point where your elbows are at a 90° angle.
5) Exhale and push yourself back to the starting position. Remember to keep your abs tight throughout the whole exercise.
- You can add extra weight (Dumbbell or weighted plates) to make the exercise harder.
- You can raise your feet on a surface that is the same height as the bench. This will put more strain on your triceps.