1) Step one end of the resistance band with the foot that is on the same side as your working arm.
Have your stepping foot behind extended behind your body and your other leg in front of your body slightly bent at the knee. This would look similar to a lunge.
2) Grab the other end of the band with your hand with your palm facing up. Keep your chest out, back straight and look straight forward.
3) Keep your working arm's elbow behind your body so that your hand is by your body's side.
4) Exhale and curl the band up, making sure that you are keeping your shoulder stationary and only moving your elbow. Squeeze your biceps at the top.
5) Inhale and slowly return to your starting position.