1) Have the sandbag on the floor.
2) Stand in front of it with your feet at shoulder width.
3) Squat down by pushing your hips back, keep your back straight and core tight and grab the bag with both your arms wrapped around the bag (i.e. hugging it).
4) Keeping your back straight and core tight, exhale and push yourself back through your heels and your hips.
5) Simultaneously as you’re pushing yourself into a starting position, toss the sandbag onto one shoulder.
6) Grab the bag while it is standing on your shoulder with both hands and by pushing through your shoulder and holding the bag with your arms, lower it down to the floor.
- Don’t just toss the bag back to the ground. Control the weight down.
- Remember to keep your back straight and core thigh throughout the whole movement.Repeat for the other shoulder.
- One repetition counts once you have swung the bag over both shoulders.