Muscle mass and strength
1) Stand straight while holding the barbell where your hands are just outside of your hips (shoulder width). Use an underhand grip. Grab the bar at shoulder width.
Keep your elbows slightly bent and not fully extended. Make sure that your feet are grounded at shoulder width to maintain your balance.
2) Curl the barbell up to shoulder height. Your goal is to move only your elbow. Squeeze your biceps once you reach the top of the movement.
3) Control and slowly lower the weight to your starting position.
- Do not fully extend your elbow at the start of the exercise to ensure that you're applying constant tension.
- Make sure that you are only moving your elbow and not your shoulder to ensure that you are only targeting the biceps and not cheating your reps.